We haven't taken a swim yet! Unforgiveable!
These guys are HUGE. We saw them in Ecuador too.
Our walk to the meetings
Coconuts! Reminds me of our painting :-)
Branch offices in the background
There are lots of lizards in many different colors and sizes.
Sweetsop. As it's name suggests- it's very sweet- and kinda custardy.Sunday was our first day in service here in Jamaica. The territory assigned to our congregation is small. One brother told us that with good support it could be worked in a day! So we anticipated that everyone would know who we are and why we were there. But one of our first doors we spoke to a man who had just moved into the area and had never even seen the magazines before. He was very eager to talk and listen to the scriptures and kept telling us "I will read these! I will read these!" We arranged to come back next weekend. It was a great start to a wonderful day. Our last door we contacted a man who used to study and had attended meetings and wanted to pick up his study again. We left the territory reminded of why we return again and again. And what a beautiful reflection of Jehovah's love, patience, and mercy it is. I forgot my camera at home but will be sure to take some photos of the territory next week!
In the meantime, here are a few photos taken on the branch property...
Guys your pictures look awesome. I love the animals. Is that a caterpillar next to the hand on the leaf...That is huge!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great time in service. Nyah took the pictures, we forgot to post the video of the monkeys, on our next post we will.
That sounded like so much fun playing cricket, we did that in trinidad. I also remember a fruit called soursop. Enjoy your time there, and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Adios,
Cory, Corina, and Nyah
Hi from both of us!This assignment sounds great!!! I need to show Elvis and Celeste this blog, he will be homesick and put in an order for lots of his home food to be imported.
ReplyDeletelove you two,auntie&UJ
The pool-get in there!!
ReplyDeleteWow Guys! What a beautiful branch! I love the little lizard, he looks like he's posing for you. And the big caterpillar is so cool. I hope you guys can find that interested man again and start a study!
ReplyDelete:)
Kristin
The wee lizard had a "prophetic" scream! He knew what awaited him! But what a cuuute picture! i want a poster-size!
ReplyDeleteAnd what beautiful brothers and sisters we have there...adding new pages to an ever-growing family album :j
Keep us posted on your calls, and tell them we are all interested :j