




One of our favorite things about Costa Rica is all of the exotic wildlife. It seems like every week we run into some sort of animal or insect that we've never seen before. Sometimes I have my camera, sometimes I don't. Last week out in service we saw a baby armadillo. I know that baby anything is pretty much completely adorable, but I think the baby armadillo is my favorite baby animal yet. I tracked it as far as I could trying to get a photo, but it slipped through someones fence. Thankfully, my better judgement kicked in before I hopped the fence in my skirt and caused a major scene. I also ran into a baby snake a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure what kind it was but it definitely had that "I could kill you with one bite" look. I took note of the diamond pattern on it's back and two black stripes on it's head and looked it up when I got home. It turned out to be a tropical rattle snake. Who knew such a snake existed?? I'm turning into quite the zoologist :-)
Here are some of our recent photos of the Costa Rican critters...
Very nice pictures. David and Rhonda Powell just shared your blog address with us. We enjoy seeing your adventures. - Kidd family in Texas
ReplyDeleteYou get some amazing pictures! I still remember the Gecko screaming. Thanks so much for sharing, and we hope you guys are doing well down there.
ReplyDeletewe miss you, but keep up the great work!
CG
Hmmm...that snake...I think Tait gave me that same look when Dave, Derek and I suprise attacked him and attempted to give him the infamous horsebite in 2005... ;)
ReplyDeleteThe second one looks like the biggest mosquito I've ever seen!! I hope it's just a flying bug. yikes! We miss you guys :) Love the blog and love you too.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the snake is amazing and a little eery...Thanks for sharing the critters with us=)
ReplyDeleteHey Tito-did any of these delightful creatures meet the same end as the baby gecko? Your macro setting is incredible, I love these pics! BTW Keysha, you hair IS fabulous. I wanted to comment on it with the convention photo's but forgot. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete